I don’t eat dairy. Once in a very long while I might have a piece of cow cheese but goat cheese is more common if I’m going to indulge. For the most part, I don’t eat dairy.
Dairy is a very inflammatory, often hormone-imbalancing food.
So I look for yummy substitutes like quick and easy pecan milk. The cool thing about making “milk” with pecans is that you don’t have to strain it like you do with other nut milks. The pecans are soft and purée readily. I made some this morning in 5 minutes to make a frothy chai latte.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbls vanilla
- 6 drops stevia (or to taste)
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high until well blended.
- Use as you would use milk.
- You can also soak the pecans in water for a few hours, drain and then make the nut milk. This helps to remove some of the phytates.
- 1 rounded scoop Blue Lotus Golden Masala Chai
- 4 ounces hot water
- 4 ounces steamed or frothed pecan milk
- Mix the Chai powder with the hot water in your mug using a small whisk.
- Pour the beautiful frothed pecan milk over the top.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon. So delicious!